I've had this problem for a while now and I'm really wondering how to fix this, because i want to play a lot games that I'm unable to play because they shut down my computer.

First of all, i'm on Windows 7 64bit final version. And all the games that I have problems with I have never tested on Vista.

My spec:

Mobo: ASUS P5Q
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 2 TB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit



What happens:

Race On:
Game start. I get the intros and then when I get on the menu screen it crashes. Sometimes it doesn't crash directly but after clicking on one of the buttons. Result: Shuts down computer and let it restart giving me the "windows didn't shut down properly" black screen after bios boot. I was able to get in game once and race for ± 30 min before returning to menu where it made it happen again

Dungeons And Dragons: Online:
Mostly I don't get any problems with it but sometimes it shuts down my computer just after login in. Same result as first one.

Tropico 3:
Crashes during intros or if I quickly close them down it crashes on the menu loading screen. Giving me the same shut down result.

Risen:
Once in menu it crashes. First time I was able to do the settings then it crashes after clicking "new game" now it just crashes after the intros, so when I get the menu. Same shutdown...



So the following this I've tried and then restarted the game. I've done this with all the games that gave me this problem.

Compatible issue, set it on VISTA or XP
Updated my Bios drivers
Updated my GPU driver (1st driver gave me the error, got the latest of the internet then a beta and then few days later another new release all giving me the same result.)
Updated Drivers of my chipset / mobo


I've done these all in steps and tested in step all without giving any result. I find it very strange that I only get this very anoying shutdown because I got a bunch of other games just working perfectly fine without having to do any of these things!
FIFA 10, 18 Wheels of steel Extreme, Batman Arkham Asylum, Darkest of Days, Divinity II - Ego Draconis, Need For Speed: Shift, Operation Flashpoint - Dragon Rising, Mini Ninjas, Prototype, Red Faction Guerrila, World of Warcraft, Empire Total War, Left 4 Dead, ...

I know I could do a dual boot, but I don't want to ... Always switching because of a few games that don't wanna work but do work on other people's windows 7

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous08:04

    Install RivaTuner =) Everything you need to know about your Graphics card will be shown there =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous08:05

    Check in Bios the temp settings where it will auto shutdown on reaching a certain temp.
    Check the max temps under load of the GPU and the CPU and report back.
    Is this in all games or just the ones you mention?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08:05

    Honestly I was having the same problem with my alienware. At first I assumed it was my video card (GTX 280), so i got a new one. When I got it, the same thing continued to happen, so i looked deeper. I plugged in my old 8600 gt into it (one that doesnt need additional power via a cord directly from the psu) and it ran perfectly. my problem turned out to be the cord that ran from my PSU to my gtx 280, it wasn't supplying enough power causing random shutdowns of my system. If yours doesnt need additional power (similar to my 8600gt, im not really familiar with 8800's), then you can disregard this. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous08:06

    I know u meant defragging. I wouldn't format my HDD just to get the games on a dif. part of the HDD.

    Anyways. For example D&D, i start the game, hear a buzzing sound then it starts to load, stops buzzing, starts few seconds later then when I get the screen to select my toon it stops and the game will run untill I stop it myself. So... if it is my PSU I have one rare PSU that hates Loading menu screens and Menu screens

    Dante_- wrote:
    I never recommended buying a new card, i simply said that if you already have one lying around somewhere (an older one even) just pop it in and see if that's the case.


    I know ^^ but I don't have one. But how are u playing all latest games now? All new 3D cards require additional power don't they ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous08:06

    My PC gave me the bluescreen and i was able to get a picture of it... several tbh... (i'll upload those later on...) but now i have constantly the red stripes all over my screen. EVEN when i access the BIOS ... WTF ... i didn't know that could!

    So i guess it was my 3D card all along... To bad... now wich one to buy? Or do u guys think it's still fixable.

    Oh and best part of it is... i can't load Windows 7 normal mode. I'm now on SAFE MODE + Net.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous08:07

    make sure to download EVGA Precision 1.8
    This program allows you to monitor video card temp. during game with a display anywhere onscreen with a toggle. Also handy for overclocking card and adjusting fan speed manually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous06:38

    my pc has same problem, - when i tried launch tropico 3, My PC just shutdown...

    yesterday i bought new Power supply (Forton 650W)
    and crashes are gone :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top