I bought an HP dv5 laptop with Norton Internet Security 2009 with 60 days complimentary live update. Now I only have 4 days left. I'm not sure of what I should do after the trial expires.

My options are:
1. Uninstall and use Microsoft Internet Essentials
2. Uninstall and install Norton Internet Security 2008

Tell me which one I should pick. If you have any other options, feel free to share. If you think I should use the Trial Reset, please link to the a post with the correct one to use (I think there's a lot of versions out there).

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 64-bit
4GB of Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

I'm leaning more toward #1 since many have told me that Norton slows down your computer a lot and Microsoft Security Essentials isn't bad at all.

4 Comments:

  1. I suggest to delete Norton. Norton isn't that good. Search for a professional virusscanner (and internet shield) here at the forums.
    I recommend Avast Pro (which I use and I'm very satisfied about Avast), Kaspersky, McAfee and AVG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous01:34

    Uninstall Norton and use Avira AntiVir + COMODO Firewall.

    You'll be surprised at how light it runs. Avira + COMODO only takes up 30MB of my RAM.

    Though it runs light, nothing can beat the protection level it gives, top notch, all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous01:36

    Don't use i trail reset, had bad experience with it in the past.

    It's actually better not using any patch, cracks (trail-reset) because they are infected with malware in most cases and will infect your computer.

    btw: norton [67%] scores good, but Kaspersky [96%] does it a little better!
    Watch this:
    Code:
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php


    You can eazy get a clean key for KAV-KIS from OZZY-BLOKE, gets black-listed every 30days -> just download a new one.

    Or you can trick Kaspersky by chansing the registry from Relise to Beta: you will get each time a 30 day beta key

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous01:36

    forget Norton, Use ESET NOD 32 Smart Security 4. its has the best protection against virus detection. it even beats kapersky and bit defender. and i also recommend zone alarm for great 2 way firewall and great antivirus as well.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top