I am trying to play GTA San Andreas on my MacBook but I keep getting problems. First, when I played it was beautiful with the highest resolution. My MacBook has the Intel GMA 950 and 512MB RAM with Core Duo 2.0Ghz. Then suddenly it was slowing down in a way. At the highest resolution CJ moved slowly and the whole framerate also slowed. So I set it to a lower setting. Now the framerate (meaning the allround movement) is better but when I pressed "Move Forward (W Key) for 2 seconds or more, CJ would start walking but wouldnt stop even if I let go. He would walk for sometime and then only would he stop. This makes it a problem when driving coz when I press W, the car goes on accelerating and hits people and the surrounding houses. Similarly when reversing. Confused So I guessed it was a problem with the Graphics so I downloaded and installed the latest Intel GMA950 drivers and restarted and it was playing beautifully at the highest resolution again. Hurray. I played like this for 1 and a half day. Very Happy
Then I ran into the mission of setting some house on fire with Molotov Chocktail mission and when I went inside to save the girl, the framerates slowed so I set it to a lower setting until I saved the girl and after finishing, I returned it to the original Highest setting but now it was like before and was slowing down Evil or Very Mad . Even when I set the lowest settings, CJ would run even after I had let go of the run button. And the driving was horrific. So now I cant play the game anymore Crying or Very sad . Please help. I love this game.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous21:09

    I have the exact same problem..

    I just built this machine not but 2 weeks ago...

    AMD 64 X2 4800+ processor
    1 GB Mushkin XP3200 Dual Channel DDR ram
    DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR mobo
    eVGA GeForce 6800 XT PCI Express 256MB vid card
    Creative Labs SBLive! 24-bit sound card
    Western Digital Raptor 10k rpm SATA 74 gig system drive
    and a terabyte of additional data storage, not that it really matters.

    Running Windows XP pro SP1.

    All drivers should be up to date, as I went and downloaded the newest versions when I built it.

    Problem is, GTA: Vice City AND GTA: San Andreas are running WAY too fast. Almost completely unplayable. To the degree that the main character looks almost like a blur when running. Driving is impossible.. touch the gas and I'm halfway across the city or in a collision.

    Nothing is overclocked, everything running at default. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21:09

    Launch the game, then ALT-TAB back to the desktop & launch the task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC). Find the game's process in the process tab, then right click on it & select processor affinity. Untick one of the CPUs.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top