My PC isn't the best but it gets along nicely . I am able to run the latest games in HD but even if i run them on the lowest graphics my Screen freezes and goes black . I am still able to hear the music in the background but not even ALT F4 or windows D or any other command will close or minimize the game . So i am forced to restart .This mostly hap pends when i run games like Cod4 , Assassins Creed .. and strangely World Of Warcraft ( Dunegons Mostly ) I am not a big gamer but this is very annoying when your attempting to play Cod4 online .

My PC specs are .

AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Ati radeon HD 2600 XT
4gb ram
505W PSU
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
AMD 780 chipset

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous09:04

    XP 64bit is not very Game or program friendly.. I suggest you update to either Vista or windows 7 64bit if you can.
    I had similar issues with my XP64.. Games not working and so on.. Not so much with Vista and I have not run any on 7 yet, but it will be just as good if not a little better than vista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous09:05

    First it depends on the size of the PSU. I would not recommend anything under at least 600watts. Secondly you talk about keeping your chipset. The chipset is on the motherboard. So you are saying you may keep your motherboard? If so you are limited by what CPU you can upgrade to. Third I'd personally get an Nvidia card. ATI have not always been 100% compatible with all games.

    Ok. For Value for money, I'd get a i7-920 Core i7 CPU, 2.66 GHz, 4.8 GT/sec QPI, 8MB Cache, Socket LGA1366 CPU and build the computer around that. I personally would get an Asus Mobo, but you may chose something else or cheaper to the one I get. I would get a 3gb ram pack to start off with if you are worried about money. If not jump straight to a 6gb ram pack. Corsair is my choice of ram. Well you can't go wrong with an Nvidia GPU. You just need to get what you can afford. I used Leadtek and Asus Graphics cards. And I'd get a decent Cooler Master PSU. 600watt or larger. I'm running a 650watt in my machine.

    like I said. Look at the CPU I recommended and build your machine around that. That is if you can afford to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous09:07

    XP 64bit is not very Game or program friendly.. I suggest you update to either Vista or windows 7 64bit if you can.
    I had similar issues with my XP64.. Games not working and so on.. Not so much with Vista and I have not run any on 7 yet, but it will be just as good if not a little better than vista.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top