I want to do a complete reformat of my computer, I got a 500GB SATA HD recently to back everything up - I thought it would be simple just open up and pop it in but my computer already has two 250GBs taking up the bays and there are no extra power connectors so I cant hook up the 500GB alongside the other 2 and backup from there.

I was thinking maybe I could plug out the 2 250s, pop in the 500 and load up windows onto it and then reconnect one of the other hds and browse from there or would have cause some kind of corruption since the 2 250s only make up one drive in windows?

1 Comments:

  1. Anonymous18:15

    Just pick up a 4-pin molex to sata power connector cable and a sata cable(if need).

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top