I have a MAXTOR 80GB (7200 8MB) Harddisc which is quite old (about 3.5 years).
I'm getting to the point that I'm not sure defragmentation would help or not. From what I've heard (after extensive reading) defragmenting could bring more damage to an old hardware. I download about 20 gbs a month. I delete a lot using Ccleaner and use Windows Disk Defragmenter.
Last time I defragmented the harddrive was about 3 months ago and I think I should do it again quite soon.
What do you think?
1. Is defragmenting important?
2. Should I defragment?
3. Isn't it "dangerous"?
4. Is there a software that minimizes the dangers of defragmentaion?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous07:16

    1. Yes it is important as it improves the access time of the files by arranging them in a Correct Manner bcoz the files on the hard disk get scatter throughout the disk over time .So Defragmentation is necessary
    2. Yes
    3. No it isnt dangerous . Defragmenting a 7200 8MB HD should be just fine
    4. There isnt a software that minimizes the dangers of defragmentation [ according to my knowledge ] . But there are softwares better than Windows Defragmenter like O & O defrag which arranges the files stategically and speeds up the defrag process and ur hard disk file access

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous07:16

    defrag every week. Keeps PC clean & tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous07:17

    depended on how much files and folders you have and when did you did it last time, i only defrag when i go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top