I installed Windows Vista on my spare HDD (HDD2) and recently bought another HDD(HDD3). I transfered all my files from HDD2(As this was my data drive and i installed Vista on this because i didn't wan't to mess up HDD1) to HDD3. I then formatted HDD2 however i still get the windows vista boot screen and it asks me to choose between "An Older Version of Microsoft" or "Windows Vista". I just want to boot into XP. How do i remove this boot screen as it is very annoying and was the whole reason i formatted HDD2. I tested it by clicking ok but it said that a system file is missing(confirming that it was formatted).

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous07:50

    Are you looking it so that it ONLY boots Vista from now on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous07:50

    Noo, i formatted the Vista HDD(#2). I just want to boot straight into XP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous07:51

    you want to remove your vista bootin and want to keep xp.rite.if i got you wrong then tell me.then we might help you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous07:51

    boot into xp with vista in the drive, start---run and type in x:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force (x:\=vista dvd drive)
    this will remove the boot loader, restart make sure it works etc and then delete Boot.BAK & Bootsect.BAK its useless now.. can format the old vista partition/drive now if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous07:52

    i wouldn't recomend moving to vista.yet.they kinda make something anti-piracy thingyes which,is bad.
    + software is still busy creating new versions compatible with vista
    my dad installed vista then tryed to play nfs carbon with it.guess what,it didn't work

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top