I recently changed to an ADSL 2+ plan, after getting the router, and installing an ethernet Network Card, the next step is to configure my router. It says i need to access the configuration page by typing in the IP Address provided, i have done alot of modem configuration before with my 512 plan, so i knew what i had to do.

But, alas, after all the work, and installing the card, i couldnt access the configuration page. I dont think it reads the IP as mine, i think it thinks im just trying to access some site. It comes up with "Server Unavailable, Unable to Connect". All the lights are on the router, all the wires and stuff are connected.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous03:06

    I have no idea if this will work for you, but some routers can be configured by accessing the following site:

    http://www.routerlogin.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03:07

    It is usually 192.168.1.254 to access the router.

    Try typing that into the browser address bar.

    It depends on router. Which router do you have?
    The speedtouch can use a url such as

    http://speedtouch.lan/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous03:07

    It depends on your Router and setup. 192.168.x.x is the more commonly used local IP address. 10.0.0.1 is an old style address that is not used anymore.
    My speedtouch uses 192.168.1.254. It can be changed via the setup program.

    He should try running the router setup program, that might allow him to setup the address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous03:07

    I tried all the IPs i could think of, my old one from my old modem, the default one on the router, 192.168.1.254 and even my old Static IP.

    In the cmd, after i typed in ipconfig/all it showed 0.0.0.0

    In the end, i called up the guy at Internode and he helped me out. It turns out i had to enter the IP addresses manually in the Internet Protol properties.

    I had to reconfigure the new router, after that it was all good.

    Thanks for trying though, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top