I have a modem/router at home which connects me to the internet and that i can also use for lan. It has both ethernet 10/100 and a USB adapter which i use for connect to the internet. Up until recently the ethernet connection was in my PC and the USB was branched out for my sister's laptop if she wanted to use the net. But she sold her laptop so i decided to connect both the USB and the ethernet to my PC, while going through the configurations and setting i saw an option to allow me to bridge the two connections.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done this, or heard of it and what the result was. Was the internet feaster? Faster D/L or Upload? Do you recommend that i do the same?

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous03:25

    Well I don't think so
    plugging 2 sources to your PC will not double the speed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03:25

    I think you are misunderstanding something -- when you bridge a modem/router it means that you kill
    all the router functionalilty by disabling NAT/DHCP/PPPoE -- this turns the modem/router into a "dumb" modem.

    This is generally done so you can add a bigger or better router to a LAN.

    Go to the link below and in the search box enter "bridge mode" -- you will get all the info you need.

    http://www.dslreports.com/


    You can't go faster then your Internet connection -- think about it -- when you and your sister were both
    connected, your combined speed was shared and never went faster than your internet connection.

    The only thing I can see if you connect both to the same machine, is some horrible configuration issues and that
    would be even if they offer some sort of either/or software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous03:26

    TNT that link really gave me what i needed.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top