I want to resize the partitions of my computer, the hard drive has two partitions. C drive is a 15GB partition with 4GB free space, D drive is 94GB partition with 30GB of free space. I want to transfer free space into my C partition from my D drive. For as much as i try theres no way to stop the C drive from getting full, Windows Updates take up like 8GBs of it lol My copy is legit and its from a Sony Vaio desktop computer. I dont want to reformat hard drive for i will loose my legit copy, i do not have Windows XP cd. I know there cracked Windows here but its Windows XP professional... I just wanna resize the hard drive by taking 10GB from D drive and adding them to C drive so it can then have 14gb of free space.

I tried using Nortons PartitionMagic on a version of Windows XP professional that i have running on Vmware Workstation 6. It failed at resizing and gave me errors. This could of been cuz its virtual hard disk? But it scared me and i dont wanna try on my real hard drive yet.

Any help with this will be appreciated!!!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous01:45

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous01:46

    If you don't really wanna boot it from a cd, then you could install Partition Magic, It works on XP and no need to create a boot-cd although I do recommend you keep a boot cd of either gparted, or a boot-cd of a linux flavour such as Ubuntu as it's useful if you can't get onto windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous01:47

    try this
    GParted is linux based, comes as live cd and can handle everything for formatting, partitioning

    Tutorial:

    http://www.howtoforge.com/partitioning_with_gparted


    Official website

    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/


    Download ~50Mb

    http://download.tuxfamily.org/gpartedlive/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top