I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with windows xp sp2... At home I have a wireless internet connection (dell fiber optics) and lately my laptop has been acting funny... it will start to lag up REALLY bad and freeze up for about 1-2minutes ... but my ping wouldnt go up though. I figured it was a virus or something so i did some scans and found nothing. I also tested this at my school and my friend's house (also wireless internet connections) and there were no problems at all! Can anyone explain this? I was thinking it may be overheating but I have had this lap top for a little over a year and never experienced these kinda problems.

PS- this doesn't only happen when i am playing a game, it happens even if i'm not doing anything on my laptop :\

can anyone solve my dilema? I was thinking the laptop was getting too hot but my room isnt THAT hot compared to the other areas i have tried this.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous20:09

    Try reinstalling whole software on laptop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:09

    Might be your wireless network. Try reinstallin the router settings or doing a hard reset on it. Maybe needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20:10

    s there anything in the house that might run intermitently and " scramble " your signal

    a microwave or frige or cordless phone or grarage door opener

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20:10

    there might be a firmware update for your router that may correct this problem.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top