PC is still running XP w/SP1 (updates have been turned off since I built it) and I want to upgrade it to SP2 plus all of the
security hotfixes (all 10,000 of them)

I have tried several of the WGA fixes and none worked for this build. I think they are all aimed at SP2.
Also tried the rockxp keychanger to no avail.

I even D/Led SP2 from Software Patch and unplugged from net, it still came up with bad key and would not complete..

I have backed up all drivers and will back up here settings and PST files.

Do NOT want to do a clean install on her system, not worth it.

I have a couple of the newer SP2 XP .iso’s that have been posted lately, the BillGays XP and a XP Lite

Should I just do a repair on here system with one these and enter the key for these? Then maybe one of the WGA’s would work.

Opinions and guidance appreciated.

1 Comments:

  1. Anonymous20:59

    most of the XP lites don't offer a repair install
    if you have a full XP SP2 disk that would be the way to go
    then crack it if need be

    that being said
    I'm typing this on a 4 year old in may SP1 non-updated XP install
    my last norton firewall & anti-virus updates were 12-05

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top