My computer has been running fine for months until today it started freezing up randomly.

Here are the specs :

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 processor
1024mb DDR2 667 5300 ram
Radeon x1900xtx PciEX graphics card
250GB WD Caviar SATA Hard Drive
AsRock Dual-VSTA motherboard
Windows XP Gamers Edition (Proffesional Corp) SP2

And my tested solutions (which failed to show results) :

Re-installed windows multiple times
Formatted main hard-drive, then reinstalled windows again
Started with only core components installed (Mem, graph, keyb, mouse, pro)
Disabled un-nessecery windows services

The crashes seem to happen randomly, but are triggered almost certainly when I plug in my USB hard-drive, or try copying a file from one hard-drive to another.

Safe mode seems to run without any problems...

Also, I have the same problem when running Vista (Ultimate Retail)

Any ideas of stuff to try?

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous20:47

    can you run windows update ? no
    have you updated chipset driver for Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 processor & AsRock Dual-VSTA motherboard
    they were prob not around when the os was created
    any SATA settings in bios that can be toggled on or off
    any bios update avalable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:47

    Seems to be holding steady without my graphics card drivers installed...

    Allthough I've never had trouble before....

    I'm updating all my MB drivers now, and running windows update. Where can I get an updated driver for the Core 2 Duo 6400?

    Also, just cleared my CMOS...

    So alot of hoping for the best now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20:48

    prob from your mobo mfg web site or intel/nvida(chipset mfg) web site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20:48

    Ok, updated motherboard, ran windows update, Changed SATA options

    Everything is stable... the only thing I havent done is install my graphics card driver...

    So I think this may be the problem. Any ideas on how to get round this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous20:48

    modded drivers maybe

    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=24

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top