This has been going on with about 60% of my AVI movies and I'm SICK of it! I have a DVD player that handles Divx / AVI format, which makes it real convenient for me because I can usually just dump some AVI movies on a DVD and pop it in my player and watch it. The problem is that over half of the time I get a disc full of movies that skip, stutter and sometimes totally drop out of play.

So now I am looking for a solution to this problem. I have used several burning programs over the years, so I can't say it's that (currently using Prassi Ones). I have had a number of DVD writers and it has persisted throughout. What does one do to ensure that the movies on the disc will play properly in a DVD player? They play perfectly on my PC - but screw up when I try to play on the DVD player. Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous04:15

    This is a common problem with DVD players. There are numerous you can get around this.

    Some things you can try:

    1. Lower the Bitrate (speed) of the files being encoded.
    2. Don't use a rewritable disc.
    3. See if your software supports compatible DVD encoding and writing.

    Your DVD player may not be set up to handle home made DVDs well. Depends on how old it is.

    If you are burning the DVDs at a high speed birate, that may cause some occasional data loss, making them skip.

    Try recording at a lower speed, even as low as 1X, and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous04:15

    es try lowering the burning speed (not bitrate)
    Maybe use different media and dvd+r instead of dvd-r or visa versa or different brand of CD..
    Also before and especially after burning, try cleaning the disk with some mild window or spectacle cleaner..
    Sounds silly with a new disk, but has worked for me a few times..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous04:16

    does non avi discs that burn play on it ok? eg films you copied?

    there are 2 possible causes: ether the way the discs are made or the way the movies are encoded. a dvd player will not play as much as a computer. if its the encoding there is nothing you can do

    if i download a divx movie it will on my bush dvd player. however if i gave the same disc to my friend whos dvd player can also play divx it doesnt always work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's not your dvd-r it's most likely your dvdburner. Do you just let it sit to sleep / screensaver? I have discovered that such events would cause your dvd burning to ~censored~ up. I for one have wasted a dozen dvd's thinking it was my dvd, but 1 day sat through a burn and it worked perfect rip. Sometimes leaving it to do it by itself is bad I guess. lol just monitor it, could be your problem. I slept while my pc burned dvd's and thats why it got ~poopy~ for me.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top