I had cucusoft iPod video converter installed on a laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro) and all was going fine.

I got a newer version of cucusoft and installed (including patched) it on the laptop, but didn't uninstall the old version.

After this the laptop wouldn't play .avi files and cucusoft kept crashing.

I tried system restore which brought everything back to normal but everytime i installed cucusoft it would have the same effect.

After doing this a few times I realised that when I tried to patch the new version, I "copied" the files into the wrong cucusoft folder i.e. the old version that I should have installed.

Unfortunately i have since uninstalled this program and so the files are deleted. I tried to install a few registry cleaners but they keep crashing now also!

And to make matters worse system restore wont work anymore either?

It's a brand new laptop and i dont need anything on it, so is there any way I can get it back to the way that it was when I bought it?

I have heard of reinstalling windows but don't know how to and would i need the cd that came with the laptop to do that?

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous03:07

    Sounds like more of a codec problem than a need to reinstall windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03:07

    well what ever the error is dosent sound sweet. so if you are intersted on installing windows. i suggest you to google. on how to install windows. that way it will make life more easy for you so now you have a brandnew laptop and even after installatiom try updating as possible as you can with the latest drivers and security updates, now try installing cucusoft agin and remeber to make a system restore point before installing cracked softwares as they mess your PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous03:07

    go to the system restore and there should be a system restore point before you installed the software. Just goto that restore point, then install the new version

    ReplyDelete
  4. I installed windows again and when I after I cracked cucusoft again the same thing started happening.

    Now everytime I even go to a folder containing .avi files a baloon comes up at the bottom right "COM Surrogate closed".

    If I try to play a .avi it just says "media player encountered an error and needs to close"!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top