I have a problem with my 6 year old PS2...It recently started to refuse to play the games I downloaded from the internet.

When I insert the DVD it does not recognize it. Then I press browser in PS2 menu, it says "reading disc" I wait for a while and it either does not recognize the disc and spins madly or it gives the message "disc read error".

It plays the originals and some of the games perfectly well. For example I have downloaded:

Gundam SEED OMNI vs ZAFT 2 Plus (Works perfectly after 3rd DVD Copy)
Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (Works perfectly well)
Metal Gear 3 Subsistence DVD 3 Existence (Works perfectly well)
God of War II Demo (Managed to played only once)
Metal Gear 3 Subsistence DVD 2 Persistence (Does not work at all)

I use brand DVD + discs (Philips)
And burn them in the lowest speed using Alcohol 120 %...

Please tell me a way to make them work I'm going crazy here

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous04:34

    Do you have a modchip in your PS2? You must have a modchip inserted into your PS2 that lets it play burnt downloaded games. I read somewhere that a good mod chip is called: Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro.

    I dunno what else I can say. I'm not a pro at modded PS2 or downloading and burning PS2 games into DVDs. Here is a site you can check out that might help you with chips and stuff:

    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=54&mode=&or der=0&thold=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous04:34

    Try sticking the game in, hold the reset button so that it goes into standby, then hold the reset button to boot it up and let go when the Sony text comes up.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top