My new PC (that is Windows XP) is running fine, largely due to some great programs I downloaded from the board. But now I start to get irritated a bit with my older PC that is still in use in my house, mainly for internet.
This PC has Windows 98SE, with good old WinOnCD 3.7 as a burning program (that came with my burner, and only now I understand this is a stripped version). My firewall is ZoneAlarm Pro 6.1.737.000, which I evaluate through a friend. Because I understand that my regular crashes (the file tvdebug.log causes this 2 or 3 times a day) come from my present version of ZoneAlarm, I want a newer one.
I wanted to install Nero 7.5.9.0 and ZoneAlarm Pro 7.322.000 I downloaded here, but both of these do not run on W98SE.
Can you help me by telling me which are the latest versions of both Nero and ZoneAlarm that work with W98SE?
Thank you for your kind help.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous04:31

    ZoneAlarm's Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/Me operating system.

    Source
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_zaas.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous04:31

    I think that the suggestion by Crayzies will have to be followed, if only because I can find no newer versions for W98SE than I have on the board. The extra problem is that I regularly have a crash (the file tvdebug.log), which I understand comes from ZoneAlarm.

    Crayzies, or anyone else that is knowledgeable, can you give me an advise of a sound firewall for W98SE that checks both outgoing and incoming traffic, but not too difficult to set up and use?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Help-Buzz © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top